Monday, July 11, 2011

A Mohawk, some GoKarts and a Squirrel named Cheryl




Like Garrett's new Mohawk?  Uncle Josh came over to ride with us to Indiana and cut Garrett's hair for him.  We thought it would be cute to do a Mohawk for the ride and 'surprise' Joe's mom (insert GASP here!!).  It was fun to watch all the reactions he got at various stops through Tennessee and Kentucky and I'll have to say - he wore it well and he looked cute :)  I wish I could have snapped a shot of Grammy's face when she saw him.  She didn't want to hurt his feelings as he exclaimed, "How do you like my new rock-n-roll haircut Grammy?!" -
Later that night, Uncle Josh finished the cut and his 24 hour Mohawk was erased.  Fun while it lasted.




The week was packed with fun from sprinkler/pool play, visiting cousins & aunts and uncles to going to Incredible Pizza.  It's a better version of Chuck-e-Cheese with rides, games and a huge buffet.  We met some of our dear friends there with their two kids and played for 4 hours!!!



Garrett & David shooting up the spiders on this game.


GoKart racing.


My very first time driving a GoKart - I might have done better if I hadn't been placed in the last car on the track!  And I promise my eyes were open while I drove!



We were also able to celebrate Grammy's birthday while we were there.



And finally we got to see a Squirrel name Cheryl.  She comes up on the back porch and is hand fed nuts.  Here's Cheryl eyeing the nut supply below before venturing off the tree.


All in all a good trip (minus the blown tire on the way up).  A long 10 hour drive each way but soooooo worth it to see friends and family!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a great trip and I LOVE Garrett's mohawk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the mohawk is TOO cute! What a fun thing to do! I loved the title of this post & was very interested in the squirrel named Cheryl, too funny!
    So glad that you guys had a wonderful trip & glad you are home safely!

    ReplyDelete