Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Before and After

So our painter described me as "the most excited woman about paint he had ever seen" - and yes it is true I was very excited to see all the color finally going from "builder's beige" to our color choices.  After 15 paint samples, they were finally picked.  Five long days of painting for our fabulous painter and color is now a reality at the Brooks' house.  So here's the before and after:

Dining Room Before
Cranberry Red - even up in the tray ceiling - had to repaint the whole ceiling!


Dining Room After - Blue - ahh so peaceful!
Color: Valspar Powder Blue - although it's much darker than the name sounds


Office Before



Office After - wow you can actually see the crown molding now!
Color: Sherwin-Williams Coastal Plains



Family Room/Foyer Before


Family Room/Foyer After
Color: SW Ramie



And now for my favorite . . .

Kitchen Before
Ronald McDonald Red & Gold


Kitchen After
Color:  Valspar Natl Hist Trust Lyndhurst Shady Grove




I forgot to take a Before picture of the guest bathroom - but just imagine builder's beige, stock builder's mirror and bar light . . .

After: SW Coastal Plains


Well that's it for my before and after - if anyone needs any sample paints - I've got tons of tans, greens and even golds in the garage !!

~Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh, thanks for posting the pictures! I love a fresh coat of paint & everything looks fantastic! The kitchen is opened up SO much & I really like the dining room shade of blue! Great job selecting the right colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if there is such a thing as "christian envy," i have it. :) i am in love with your dining room especially - wonderful color! great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! I love the colors. It's so fun to freshen up your home with some new color, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete