Monday, January 10, 2011

Week #10 Water ~ I had them Hook, Line & Sinker

This week we learned about liquid, solid and gas forms of water.  This was a really easy lesson for the kids to understand with the ice melting, tea kettle boiling and pouring water. 

However, the bible lesson received some strange looks.  First, I had the kids eat two saltine crackers looking for the exact response I got - "Mom, I'm thirsty" ~ hook ~ "What do you need?", I asked ~ "WATER, we're thirsty" ~ line ~ "Ok, I'll get you some water" - "Did it help relieve your thirst?" "YES, it did ~ sinker



 I explained that all living things need water to survive and they agreed - then explained just like our physical bodies need water to drink our soul and spiritual bodies need Jesus' for 'living water' in their spirit ~ Garrett's response - "Jesus already gets the water we drink because he's in our heart" - back up explain 3 more times and I think they got it ~ for now.

We then took some time to plant the Amaryllis bulb kit that we got for Christmas.


This is the kids showing how tall they think it will grow.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Looks like a great & productive week! Hope you all have enjoyed your snow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, what a great lesson, it looks like they enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete