Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December activities

Here's a few things we've been doing the past few weeks:

We made Italian Pizzelles - old family tradition.  We made 10 dozen of these for gifts & cookie exchanges and ate a few along the way.  The kids were my "flour sifters" -
They were using Great Grandma Thomas' flour sifter.




 Garrett wanted a picture in front of the HUGE tree in our church's galleria - Olivia did not, go figure.


We had a great time at Ray's Splash Planet for a birthday party - swimming in December -
the kids LOVED it!




We made snowman wrappers that covered chocolate candy bars for our neighbors & family.

 

We made sun catchers - on a cloudy day - how ironic!! Olivia was very precise and sat at the table for 2 hours to get hers done.  Garrett sat for about 30 min and it is still unfinished :)


We decorated these HUGE gingerbread men from Trader Joe's with our friends.



Olivia and I were able to attend a "girls only" Christmas tea - it was so fun to see all the girls all dressed up and eating their sandwiches, cookies and not tea, but their choice - Hot Chocolate!




Throw in a Christmas dinner, Christmas breakfast, Christmas cookie exchange, putting up Jesse Tree ornaments, sewing a dress for Olivia and shopping for Christmas dinner and that's a wrap - next post will surely be after Christmas!!  Hope you all have a Joyous Christmas with your family & friends!


2 comments:

  1. Cute idea to make snowmen wrappers for the candy bars... I may be borrowing that idea. :)

    So glad you and the kids have had fun doing lots of crafts and baking and Chistmasy things!

    Marry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had commented on this last week, but I guess with the holiday rush I didn't!
    I love all of the photos & all of the fun crafty things you did with the kids this month! We especially enjoyed the fruit of your pizzelle labors!

    ReplyDelete