Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week #9 - Big and Small, God made them all

D is for Dinosaur  - I have to admit I wasn't excited about Dinosaurs, but knowing that Garrett LOVES the thought of them we had fun with it!

We were lucky to have a dinosaur game complete with dinosaur bones that you could put together your own dinosaur.  The kids loved it! 

We found TONS of dinosaur books at the library.  The favorites were:  Sammy and the Dinosaurs & How do Dinosaurs go to School?  We found a great resource that had good answers for dinosaurs & creation.  It's here ~ check it out.

While we found no fossils on our "dinosaur hunt" in the back yard - we had a good time getting out in this still beautiful 70 degree weather!


Olivia wanted to be sure I got her long ponytail in the pic.
On a side note, Garrett actually sounded out his first word today - I actually think he got it (finally) - It was SUN - still working on blending those sounds to read - really exciting to see his face when he realized what he was doing - instead of just repeating my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment