Saturday, November 13, 2010

Olivia (a.k.a La La) Turns 4 !!

For those of you who don't know, I affectionately referred to Olivia as "La La" during the first 8 months of her life.  She had colic and she had it BAD - the only thing I remember from that time is her constant screaming in the pattern that sounding like "LA LA LA LAAAA" - fortunately that time has passed and she is now a sweetheart (well most of the time).

Today our Olivia Joy turns 4.  Fours years ago today ~ at 1:12 pm our 6 lb 2oz baby girl was here!  My due date was November 30th (Garrett's 1st birthday) - but Olivia came 17 days early!

When Garrett was just 16 weeks old we found out that we were pregnant with Olivia - Wow ~ I remember the day like it was yesterday: (Please excuse the flashback)

March 31, 2006 ~ I was up around 6:30am feeding and playing with Garrett in his room.  Joe came in to kiss us goodbye before he left for work and I felt a really sick feeling - and asked him to wait a few minutes before he left.  The feeling passed, he kissed us goodbye and left for work.  Later that morning I took a test to reveal it was positive!  I wrote a note on one of Garrett's diapers "Dear Daddy, I'm going to be a Big Brother - love Garrett" - and put it in our stack of diapers.  Later that night, I was once again on the floor with Garrett and asked Joe to hand me a diaper - he did without looking and then I said - "did you see what that one says?" - Jaw dropping shock and then a HUGE smile & tears followed. 

Never in a million years did we imagine that we would have two children after the struggle to just have one!   God knew all along ~ "For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord" Jeremiah 29:11

Olivia is our sweetheart and of course we can't imagine our family without her in it!   She loves to draw and write; dance & sing; play with her Littest Pet Shop & dollhouse & wrestle with daddy.

Here's a few pictures of Olivia over the years:





Happy 4th Birthday Olivia!
We love you so much!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy BDay to the cutest brown haired four-year old girl I know! So happy God blessed you with two precious little ones, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful story! God is so good! We hope that you have had a wonderful time celebrating sweet Olivia today! I know that November is a busy & fun month in your household!

    ReplyDelete