Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Long Distance Field Trip

For last week's school we had some traveling to do.  Joe had a business trip in Boston - so we drove the kids up to Maryland to stay with my parents and then we took a train up to Boston for 3 days.  The trip was two-fold - business for Joe & celebrating our 12th anniversary in the city where we originally honeymooned!  We were able to take a sunset cruise one evening and it was beautiful ~



 

 I was a big time tourist while Joe was in his meetings.  I rode a trolley that allowed you to hop on and off all day at the various historical points & shopping (of course).  Our hotel was 1/2 block from Boston Common so I did spend some time just reading and enjoying the scenery!

Meanwhile . . . the kids were keeping Nana & Grandpop busy.  They made some pumpkin decorations, bought & decorated pumpkins, washed Granpop's boat & went to the National Zoo in DC. 
When I asked Garrett what his favorite animal was Answer:  Octopus - and they got to watch it being fed shrimp!  Garrett was also very exited to find some sort of nut at the zoo - that he insisted on planting when they got home (I guess carryover from last week Leaf/Tree lesson?)

Olivia kept talking about the pandas and some animal named "Theresa" that ate mushrooms - we haven't figured out who or what that was yet - any ideas??


Garrett & Olivia were also lucky enough to have my cousin Miss Jeanette there - a school teacher that worked on tracing & other activities with them.  Thanks Miss Jeanette - they loved having you there!

All in all 28 hours of travel for a long field trip to the zoo for the kids and Boston for me & Joe.

~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment