Tuesday, April 10, 2012

While Mommy Rests . . .

Our Spring Break has gotten off to a rough start ~ The kids and I are all on medication for strep throat and wouldn't you know it - it hit me (mom) the worst. 

So after breakfast I snuck back upstairs for a little nap.  Who am I kidding - I've never been able to nap with them downstairs - so let's say 'rest'.  I got about 2 hours of 'rest' and came down to discover this:


Before I could get out a motherly "What's going on here?" - Garrett quickly exclaimed, "Olivia's doing sight words - all the ones on the floor she's gotten right!!!"

Now how can I be upset with this?  
 :) Love you kiddos!!

3 comments:

  1. Yea for Olivia! You guys get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh rebecca! i'm so sorry you are down and out. it's never easy being sick when there are kids with energy that still want to play. and, how come even if they're sick they can still manage to laugh and play?! anyway, i hope you're on the mend soon and that you and the kids can enjoy a fun day or two together before school starts again! (and, way to go olivia on beginning to read! she will be top of her kindergarten class, for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two hours of alone time and there is only one room to clean up...LUCKY!! I am glad you are feeling better and I am glad to see that the kids were entertaining themselves with something so educational:)

    ReplyDelete