Ok - so I'll admit it - I spend some time on Pinterest . . . BUT I do actually use the ideas for good. I haven't made a single recipe on there yet, but I have done a few DIY projects.
This one was my favorite and really, really EASY.
We have two of these not so great looking - ok ugly brass ceiling fans. They're in the kids rooms, so no one really sees them and they serve their purpose. I was looking through my 'pins' and saw this one for a ceiling fan re-do. I had the satin nickel spray paint so I gave it a whirl and here are the results:
Before:
I lucked out because the brass on the motor was just one thin piece. Once I had the fan blades off and the light globes off - I just taped off the white that I didn't want painted and held a large piece of cardboard at the ceiling and sprayed it while it hung on the ceiling! I'm glad there were no candid cameras watching me dangle on the stool to do this, but I'm happy to report that there was no stray paint on the ceiling :)
And now for the best part - the After:
The hardest part was spray painting the chain and the part that the chain comes out of. I sprayed the chain and used silver craft paint and a q-tip to cover the chain housing. I'm really happy with the results :)
Of course Joe didn't notice - even when he looked straight up at it. He said he never noticed it was brass or ugly. Oh well - I LOVE it!! (and so does Liv).
Oh, I totally agree with you & O, it looks GREAT! What a fun & simple re-do! I love the feeling of accomplishment from completing a little project like that!!
ReplyDelete