Last fall I was fortunate enough to be able to fly back to New Jersey for my cousin's surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary party.
This spring it was just a short drive to Charleston, but a surprise anniversary dinner again.
My best friend's husband called to ask if I would be a part of surprising Michelle for the 20th anniversary of their first date at Purdue. I gladly said yes!
Her husband had several stops for Michelle in Charleston - starting at 1 in the afternoon with her sister kidnapping her to get her nails done, then a stop for a drink where another friend met her, then a stop at a store for a new dress, another store for new shoes and then the stop where her mother and I surprised her.

By 6pm, she knew something was up. After we took her to a hotel to freshen up, we took bike taxis to the "surprise" dinner party at The Grocery.
At the restaurant, she was greeted by 20 family members & friends, and her husband gave a heartfelt toast and shared the story of their first date twenty years ago.
I was glad to know Michelle and Pete 20 years ago and was even more excited to celebrate this special night with them!




What a sweet, sweet way to commemorate such a special date! I love this & how fun for you to get to be a part of such a special celebration for your bestie!! Sounds like a great weekend!!
ReplyDelete