Now that Garrett is in Kindergarten, he quickly noticed the HUGE spirit rock out in front of school. You know the one that parents spray paint with cute birthday and congratulatory messages? Garrett didn't even question whether he would have his name on it - He expected it. I having the foresight knew this was right up has alley. The second week of school I went in to "sign-up" for a November birthday rock painting. WRONG!! Apparently everyone does this 2 weeks prior to school opening. After a very patient school secretary looking through the calendar at all dates surrounding his birthday - we finally found November 23rd (school was out that day for Thanksgiving - but at this point I didn't care).
That morning Garrett provided us with a sketch of what he wanted on the rock. A big G with green crystals around it - ummm no Happy Birthday?
We gathered up 3 cans of spray paint, latex gloves and high energy to go paint the rock.
After letting the kids spray some white paint, I took over to get the job done.
After 30 minutes, lots of wasted spray paint (thanks to the wind), we had the birthday rock complete.
Thank goodness I only paid for one side of the rock - the whole thing would have taken a loooong time!
Since we were painting the rock on the 23rd, Grammy & Poppy were here for Thanksgiving - we did a little birthday celebrating a week early. We headed to IHOP for some free birthday pancakes & ice cream.
After we were good and sugared up, we went to the movies and then home for cake! Garrett requested vanilla cake with vanilla frosting (I added some blue food coloring for some color inside).
I'm not sure where my children learned this technique of cake eating ~ but they seem to do it each time! That's going to take a big glass of milk to wash that down!
Happy 6th Birthday Garrett!!













The spirit rock looks awesome! Love Garrett's design!
ReplyDelete