Monday, September 12, 2011

Bus Stop Surprise



On Garrett's second day of school, this was the scene at 6 am.  Joe was able to take him out to the bus stop, but Garrett had no idea who would be waiting for him when he got off the bus that afternoon.


My parents flew in from Maryland later that morning.  I managed to keep the secret from both kids for over a week.  Although, I did slip once at the dinner table saying, "This milk has to last until Nana gets here".  The kids asked, "When is Nana coming?" - whoops - "In a few months", I quickly responded.  They didn't put together the fact that this milk would not last a few months.  Joe and I exchanged glances and we made it through the rest of dinner.



When the bus pulled up, Garrett was looking out that second window.  We could see his mouth say over and over "THAT'S MY NANA - THAT'S MY NANA!!".  I had to motion for him to actually get OFF the bus.  When he did, he still didn't realize my dad was standing there - (although he did try to hide his 6'3" body behind Olivia).  Garrett later said he thought my dad was Joe - I guess the grey hair and golf shirt made them look alike?



Here's Garrett finally off the bus.  It took a few minutes of him asking whether they were staying the night before he realized, yes, they would stay and not fly back to Maryland!


We enjoyed a long weekend of family time together.  Playing Bunco. 

Over the long weekend, we also headed to the Matthews Alive Festival, Plaza Fiesta and of course shopping.

The kids loved the lights at Cabo's and the live music.


A Bus Stop Surprise to remember.  Now were gearing up for Joe's parents to come into town and see our big Kindergardener get off the bus!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, sweet surprise! Too funny that you had to remind G to actually get off of the bus, what sweet excitement! Sounds like a wonderful weekend together with your family!

    ReplyDelete