We managed to sneak in a beach trip before most of the schools got out this year. This is the last year for that chance, since next year Garrett will be in Kindergarten and we'll be "tied" to the school calendar.
This was definitely the best trip yet. Although, on the second day we realized this was the very first family vacation we'd taken with just us and the kids. Usually we meet family at the beach, or travel to family/friends house for our vacation, but this time just us. It was nice 4 nights 5 days - plenty with a 4 and 5 year old. I read somewhere lately to "keep it simple" to kids "the pool" IS the vacation. So we took advantage of the FREE beach and pool and it was so true.


One day we rented chairs and a big umbrella and decided we'd stay out ALL day. Joe stayed under the umbrella - while I pulled my chair out into the sun. The kids were 30 feet in front of us playing in the wet sand. At one point Joe and I looked at eachother and realized neither of them had come up to us to ask for ANYTHING in 2 1/2 hours!!! Incredible!! But I have to say the 5 minute walk back inside to the condo and up to the room was whine, whine, whine because they all of the sudden realized that they were hungry, tired and full of sand - but well worth the 6+ hours on the beach!!!
Garrett got his first guitar pin at Hard Rock - then the nice host gave him one off his tie for FREE. I'm not sure if Garrett was more excited to get a guitar pin or get one for FREE :)
Great trip. Great memories. Minimal sunburn :)
No comments:
Post a Comment