Friday, August 6, 2010

Kindergarten at the Kitchen Table

That's my answer to ALL the people that keep asking me if Garrett & Olivia are in preschool.

Now I can say "YES THEY ARE" at the kitchen table.

So here it goes . . .

I've purchased the My Father's World Kindergarten curriculum. Here's their description: "A year-long learning adventure for young children. This complete kindergarten curriculum contains all necessary subjects and is ideal for homeschool or classroom. The first two weeks focus on the creation story from Genesis, followed by 26 hands-on, easy to teach thematic units that focus on the wonders in God's creation. The sun, moon, rocks, vegetables, elephants, butterflies, and dinosaurs are just a few of the exciting topics you will explore."

I intend to do all of it with Garrett - and have Olivia join in on what she can.

The organized mind is working overtime at this point to plan out the crafts, food, field trips etc. and I'm loving it!

Ordered the books - check
Bought & labeled 27 folders - check
Cleared out space for all the supplies -check

Still working on -

Researching books/crafts for first 5 lessons.
Deciding on where to put the table - maybe the loft??
Getting Garrett & Olivia excited for school!!

I've gotten to use my label maker again !! (thanks Joe FABULOUS Mother's Day gift).

Here are the first 5 lessons - Let me know if you have any ideas for crafts/food/field trips for any of these.

Creation
Sun
Moon - space/planets - G should love this
Leaf - going to have to go outside our yard to find leaves!
Apple - apple picking for sure!
Nest

I'll try to post pictures each week of our progress!

1 comment:

  1. Whoo-hooo! I'm so excited for you & can't wait to follow your progress! I know that I will get lots of great ideas here, too!
    Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete