Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Copy Cat Crafter

Well I have to admit ~ I'm a crafter . . . I do like a craft that you can wrap up in 30 minutes or less.  I guess it's to provide the "instant gratification".  I also like when it's under $5 bucks to make it.  That's extra sweet!!

I've also said to many - I'm not creative, BUT I can "copy-cat" almost any idea and find a way to make it easier or cheaper :)

Here's some of my latest "copy-cat" creations:

Yarn wreath for the front door.  I had the wreath and the felt.  Total spent $2.37 for the yarn at Wally World.

Inspired by this:


Made This:



I must admit - I had help.  My four year old, Olivia, actually rolled the roses ~ that's how easy they were to make.



I just couldn't get enough of these little felt roses - so I added some to this basket:


Monogram letters are everywhere.  I needed just a little something to go in the guest room downstairs.  I had the spray adhesive. Purchased one piece of scrapbook paper and wooden letter - total spent $ 2.68

Inspired by this:


Made This:



These were so simple and a copy cat version of things I've been seeing everywhere !

2 comments:

  1. love the wreath!

    do you wanna come copycat at my house and make it cute too?! i'm serious. doesn't matter how simple the tutorial, i always manage to mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your copycat crafts & I think I'm going to copycat, too! I have some tubing & have been wanting to make a yarn wreath...just have to get some yarn & it is (hopefully) next on my list! How do you make the cute felt flowers? Did you follow a tutorial? Love them!

    ReplyDelete