Thursday, June 16, 2011

24 Hours of Friends and Fun

So what do you do when one of your best friends calls to say she's on the way to the hospital to have her 4th child and can the other 3 come over for the day/night?   Well I'll tell you what I did  #1 ~ Took a shower (not sure when I might be able to take one in the next 24 hours) AND #2 drove to Target and got a bunch of treats & Redbox for some movies.  Let the fun begin!


Now this was a planned thing, I knew that I was #1 on the list for the kids but was just waiting for the call and it came 9 days early - yippppee!! 


Rewind a month back ~ I hosted a baby shower here for two friends both due within a few days of each other.  Stephanie did a great job recounting all the festivities here on her blog.


My kids have known their kids since the day they were born.  In fact, Nikki had her oldest a few weeks before Garrett was born. I distinctly remember eating dinner in their kitchen with her daughter in a bassinet beside us (me still 9 months pregnant) and the husbands saying to each other - "What have we gotten ourselves into?" - Little did we know that 5 1/2 years later we'd have the fun we did this week!!



Two buds watching their favorite Wild Kratts



The girls spent most of their time in Livvie's room playing - although I did catch the boys in there a few times with their dump trucks 'helping' to build their dollhouse.




After dinner, we watched a movie before bed.  All were sound asleep by 8!!


Next day, bright and early more fun with this indoor tent I somehow managed to construct with 2 sheets.




If you look back 15 months ago, we had a similar scene at our house while this little one was being born.  My biggest job was keeping her off the stairs and out of the kitchen cabinets. 





What's a camp out without SMORES??!!!



A little bubble making fun!



The Four Musketeers.



They tell me they were doing some sort of dance so that a caterpillar might come out so they could catch it.  Garrett was hoping for a Painted Lady butterfly.



In the end, they waited and waited, but no caterpillar crawled their way.



Porch picnic was a good way to coax them back to the house.

All in all it was a whirlwind of a 24 hours.  We had some "he did that, she took my __" but all in all they had a great time together, as always!!

And meanwhile, my sweet friend Nikki was able to enjoy her newest baby boy blessing.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun 24 hours! What a blessing for Nikki to know she could count on you to be there & know the kids would be loved & have SO much fun! This is the sweetest post & will be so fun to look back on in many years when the kids are bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun memories! and, you, YOU are a super wonderful friend to open your home to three more kids!

    ReplyDelete